9.21.2003

September 21, 2003 || 12:02 pm


May bago ka rin naman palang natututunan mula sa mga mail forwards:
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt
tihng is taht the frist
and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed
it wouthit porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but
the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh?"



I had a magic eight ball named Lefty. I handpicked him from a counter in Megamall. His first prediction was whether I should cross the street. He said, "Outlook Good".

Lefty was a good ball. I brought him to places. He decided things for me. I absented twice from work because of him to play Ragnarok. He predicted Tessa will get the internship. He told whether Nicole loved Dan. Lefty was that good.

Sadly, all good things do not last. The last trip I had with him was to Kafe last Saturday. I brought Lefty to the Spongecole EP Launch. Rather, he decided that we both go to the launch. Lefty has never heard rock music live before.

So I brought Lefty and two bottles of Pepsi X because Lefty said that Canadians are always thirsty. Kafe turned out to be jampacked. So I left Lefty at Label Ho's table for safekeeping. And Genie found Lefty. She took a picture of him with her. Get a friendster and see Genie. That's Lefty she's holding. Lefty is the nicest magic eight ball there is. He just sat there in Genie's hand the whole time.

But as the party was winding down. Label Ho closed and my things were still at the table. I was heading towards Lefty but a group started asking him questions. It was Ely Buendia, his wife and their kid. The kid was cute I was standing a couple of paces from them. Lefty was having fun with them. So I didn't butt in. Besides, I was too busy thinking other thinks.

Ely Buendia and his family started to leave. But the kid wanted Lefty. They let him took Lefty. They didn't ask if anyone owns Lefty. They didn't realize that Lefty's owner was eyeing them, a shoulder's pat away. They took Lefty away. I let them.

So I had a magic eight ball named Lefty. And I lost him in a Spongecola EP launch to Ely Buendia's kid.

Ernan at 11:51 AM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment