6.20.2003

June 20, 2003 || 4:59 pm


"...and we are both blowing the summer
...I am not doing much. Toph and I are playing frisbee, are going to the beach. I am taking a class in furniture-painting, and I am taking the class very seriously
...and while I am applying my twelve years of art education to the painting of furniture, I am wondering what I will do, in a more general, futuristic sense, what exactly I will do
...I come inside in the afternoon, remove my thick rubber gloves, and on the deck, as the sun sets I permit my own bright glow to subside for the evening. Maybe I will have to get a job at some point, but for the time being, for the summer at least, I am allowing us time to enjoy this, this lack of anything, this lack of humidity, this time to look around
...and otherwise we lose weeks like buttons, like pencils."

         — Dave Eggers, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius


Pumatak na ang unang patak ng ulan. Natighaw na ang huling uhaw ng tag-araw. Tapos na ang summer.

Nagsisimula nang manuya ang orasan. Tick tock tick tock...




I thought hard and I agree, I do not know what to make of compliments.

Ernan at 5:09 PM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment