6.17.2003

June 17, 2003 || 5:49 pm


Odd to find myself pleased when someone remarked "you never change".

I realized that is what I want to be. Impulsive like the wind but consistent as a rock.




Just enjoyed The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys. Kieran Culkin is indeed better than his brother. I am loving Lance Acord's shots.

There's this one great scene there when the two kids found this dying dog by the side of the road. Both were stoned out of their asses for the first time and you can feel the hyper realism. One kid, Tim, fell to the side of the dog to pick it up. He was feeling for the measly mutt. The other kid, Francis, kept insisting that the dog's dead or was practically dead. The viewer realizes that this wasn't about the dog. But were the characters aware of it? Confusion was a part of them as their feelings were. Even statements made to each other are out of mixed confusions and feelings. Even statements like "Don't talk to me about being real." They left the dog by the side of the road.

There was this one line in the movie that made me think. In a Grade Six foreplay mode, Margie Flynn asks his boyfriend, Francis, to tell her the most amazing thing he has ever heard.

I asked myself that too. What is the most amazing thing have I ever heard?

After much thought, I came upon two simple things. I wish I could say that they're something quite devilish, or adventurous, or religious. Something from the Bible or one of great learning or something so simple it's heartbreaking. But mine aren't. Nonetheless, I feel that they are the most amazing things I've ever heard.

Your heart is almost exactly the same size as your closed fist.
Knowing this, for the life of me, I can't deny that man is a wonderful creature. A frail yet perfectly conceived being.

The North Star is constant. It doesn't change position.
For a couple of hundred years more, the North Star is Polaris. But after and before that, the North Star is a different star.

Ernan at 6:04 PM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment