5.20.2003

May 20, 2003 || 2:36 pm


I was watching Confessions of a Dangerous Mind when my brother said he was bitten by a scorpion. No, wait. I wasn't watching Confessions. It was Love Hina, I think. Or some other anime or movie. But my brother did claim he was bitten by a scorpion.

He was getting ready to shower. The scorpion was lying in wait in his towel. Well, that was he said. Anyway, he was so giddy it caused a racket. He bragged to everyone. He showed me his arm. It was swelling. A bit. He said he could feel cold sweat. He sprayed the whole house with Baygon. The scorpion stung him, jumped and hid. Somewhere.

I didn't believe him. Because I think there were no scorpions in the house. Second, he was messing my viewing pleasure.

Come to think of it, it's sad. I didn't believe my brother yet I'd believe a stranger. Anything a stranger will tell you, you'd believe. Almost. As long as it's plausible. Well, the scorpion bit wasn't that plausible. But it wasn't highly unlikely either. Especially when he got the chills that night. Just a little bit. He is, after all, no stranger. Family. Blood brother.

Wait, it was Confessions I was watching at that time. But no, I still don't believe my brother. Maybe a little. Just a little. Belief isn't a prerequisite for being family.



This is a true story.
"Your parents, your friends, they gonna come and go, gonna let you down," says Mike, as he watches life go by on the Strip. "But drugs, man, drugs will always treat you the same. Same drugs you saw the other night? You love those drugs for being there. After so long you get dependent on them, you form a good relationship with them. I mean, they outlast parents, they outlast girlfriends, outlast friendships. Any time you ever was down and out, or something troubling you or under your skin, you can always fall back on drugs. Everybody knows where drugs is at."

Ernan at 2:33 PM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment