5.13.2003

May 13, 2003 || 12:02 am


Had a beer or three in Xaymaca. Quite buzzed. Quite being the operative word.

At least buzzed enough to decide to walk from Xaymaca home. Which I think is a good 4 to 5 kilometers away. But I'm never good at distances. The time being almost midnight. And I'm a scrawny boy.

At least buzzed enough to walk to Delta. Which is a good four blocks away from Xaymaca. And on the way, I picked up a salt sache from McDonald lying on the cement lot in front of a closed establishment in Timog near Delta. Which I'm bringing out of my pocket since I pocketed it a while ago. I'm trying to figure out what it means.

At least it must mean something. For me to pick it up. It has purple ink stains at the back, lower left side. I'm contemplating whether I should use it. Or open it and put it with our iodized salt container. It looks worn out. I don't what it's telling me. I'm getting superstitious. I don't know if I ever was. I don't think so.

At least not superstitious enough to knock on wood. Or maybe just careless. Like the way I caught the jeep in the middle of the street, in the middle of an intersection. And to notice one of my jeepmate. I tried figuring out whether she/he's a girl or a guy. She/he's in the front, I was at the back. I was curious.

At least curious enough to figure out what she/he really was. I kept looking at the loose of her shirt. Tried peering whether she/he had lumps that would pass for breasts. Scrutinized her/his shirt for visible bra strap lines. Didn't find any. But her/his hands looked soft and her/his nails looked well groomed. She/he seemed soft. She/he noticed me and tried catching my eye. As if telling me to stop staring.

At least I got the point and focused my attention to the guy in front me. Who had two big moles. One in between his eyes (just at the top of the bridge of his nose) and the other at the bottom of his lip. Elmo would have a grand time. Top. And Bottom. Just like Elmo, he's a hairy guy. And he kept squeezing his top mole. Top. I waited for pus and ash to come out. It was a dark mole. Eventually, he did try to catch my eye.

At least I felt a wee bit rude. So there I was. Riding on a jeepney. Quite buzzed. Tried peering over the loose shirt of the person in front of me to see signs of breasts and alternately stared at the big mole of the man opposite me. It was the breasts or the mole. I focused my attention.

And it was that I received life at the moment. Didn't ask for anything else but to ride life. Like a jeepney. Peering over a shirt or staring at a mole. I didn't ask for anything more. It was enough. I think.

At least I had that trip.

Though I still can't figure out the iodized salt. And why it's lying in front me. At my desk. It says, net weight 0.75 grams.

I wonder.

Ernan at 12:12 AM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment