12.27.2002

December 27, 2002 || 11:44 pm


I believe everyone had a sucky Christmas. The holiday just gets worse as you age. Days like these you wish you were young again. It's not just about the gifts and pamasko. Or maybe that's all there is to it.

Because, honestly, more than the birth of Christ or a sense of family, I looked forward to the parties and gifts when I was young. That's why when somebody mentions Christmas I always think of Santa Claus and the Christmas tree. Now that I'm of age, I worry about the fiesta ham and make sure my younger siblings are present at the noche buena and not outside partying.

But it wasn't the responsibilities that made this Christmas dragging. There was no festive spirit. There were fewer carolers. Decorations seem less livelier. Everyone was rushing around buying things, stuck in the horrendous traffic, or complaining about the lack of money.

At least there was enough booze to go around. That's the one good thing, it's okay to get drunk. A cheers to ice cold beer!

Ernan at 11:56 PM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment