11.18.2002

November 18, 2002 || 11:32 pm


For someone who reads too much, I never took to reading newspapers. The first section I'd read is the Comics. After that, I'd browse through the Entertainment section and sometimes I check out Obituaries. Not exactly to see if I know someone who died but I wanted to see how people can rephrase death. They usually run the same sentiments, he was dearly beloved, will be missed, and all that crock outpouring of love after death.

Only after all these would I skim the main stories. I'd just read the headlines and probably the first paragraphs. I find newspaper layout tiresome. I find the broadsheets unwieldy. I hate it that I have to fold the paper into neat little squares just to read it. I hate how I have to look for the story and probably go from page 1 to a very small column in page 6. I hate how the paper crinkles when you turn the pages or how your fingers go grey because of the ink.

Most of the time I don't trust the stories. I feel I have to read at least three articles from three different newspapers just to get the story straight. So that's why I'm stuck with the headlines. They're easier to read and sometimes that's all the info you need to know. Take away all that word clutter, get the gist. If I want details, I just watch Mike Enriquez and his quivering nostrils late at night. It beats a grey thumb.

Ernan at 11:39 PM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment