10.19.2002

October 19, 2002 || 9:49 pm

I know I laugh at the most inopportune moments. Sometimes even I myself don't understand why. I can't help it. Strange comfort I found reading Bram Stoker's Dracula.

"Do not think that I am not sad, though I laugh. See, I have cried even when the laugh did choke me. But no more think that I am all sorry when I cry, for the laugh he come just the same. Keep it always with you that laughter who knock at your door and say: 'May I come in?' is not the true laughter. No! he is a king, and he come when and how he like. He ask no person; he choose no time of suitability. He say: 'I am here'...Oh, friend John, it is a strange world, a sad world full of miseries, and woes, and troubles; and yet when King Laugh comes he make them all dance to the tune he play. Bleeding hearts, and dry bones of the churchyard, and tears that burn as they fall—all dance together to the music that he make with that smileless mouth of him."

Ernan at 9:53 PM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment