9.24.2002

September 24, 2002 || 11:45 am

It's nice to know that after all these years I am still amazed by words. That after reading a good passage or a line, I involuntarily take a deep breath, hold on to something, and silently exclaim "ang ganda!" On the jeep today going to the office, I read this by Denis Johnson.

"So after I broke the cat's neck with a shovel because it was incurable
      the parking lot looked like it was memorizing me.
I thought I heard the afternoon saying just another son of a bitch,
Just another thrillseeker another
Hard-on another nightmare. The infinite
Accent falling on the self seemed
To hold out forgiveness in its placement of some cars
To my left and to my right a shopping cart or something I forget what it was.
The point is, the point is I might have singled out
Anything in that landscape and said those trees are after me; but
It is the nature of the Atlantic white ceddar to invade swamps:
It is not the nature of this cedar to judge me. On
The other side of the damages I saw a man
Standing where the scenes of my childhood had been torn down.
And he was carrying the next day in his hands, and he was awake."

Ernan at 11:45 AM

0   comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment